Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Music Vs. Jesse

I haven't looked or even thought about this blog since I created it, mostly out of laziness. However, the absolutely fantastic slew of releases this year have forced me to reconsider.

The late great Frank Zappa once said "Writing about music is like tapdancing about architecture," and I'm inclined to agree with him. Music is so subjective that no one person's review is really relevant to what people will get out of it. That being said, I think this blog could be a fun medium to express my own personal taste, and who knows, maybe some people will agree with me.

As I previously mentioned, I'm convinced 2009 was one of the best years for music in recent history (or at least since 2006,) so I figured I'd start writing reviews now, but just in case I can't catch up here's a few of the year's highlights (roughly in chronological order):
And the year isn't over yet, I'm still looking forward to the likes of Between the Buried and Me's follow up to their excellent 2007 release Colors, The Great Misdirect on October 27th.

Please check back later, and I might actually begin writing. After a while, the reviews might actually be good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment